Covid 19 Update – Sequoyah National Golf Club to Open May 1 for Enrolled Members & Pass Holders; May 4 for Public Play
It is our great pleasure to announce the reopening of Sequoyah National Golf Club effective Friday, May 1st at 9 a.m. for enrolled members of the EBCI, members and annual passholders. The golf operations, clubhouse, golf course and driving range will be open for business. Beginning May 4th, we will also begin accepting public tee times for residents of the surrounding counties. We are now accepting prepayment with online bookings to help with physical distancing at the course.
The Sequoyah National Golf Club team is closely monitoring the impact of Coronavirus and taking preventative measures to ensure that we are providing the highest level of service and cleanliness to our guests.
We are following the guidelines established by the CDC for preventing the spread of the virus, and we have implemented additional sanitation measures to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of germs. This includes the following procedures and guidelines for your round:
- We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including handrails, door handles, cash machines and other high-touch common areas.
- We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- We have posted visual signage throughout our facilities to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations, along with verbal and email communication.
- We ask that you leave the pin in the cup at all times. Cups have been inverted so the ball doesn’t go to the bottom and can be easily retrieved without making contact with the flagstick or the bottom of the cup.
- All bunker rakes have been removed from the golf course. Play preferred lies in bunkers.
- Ball Washers have been removed from the golf course
- Scorecards, pencils and tees will only be issued when requested – bulk distribution is no longer available.
- All water stations have been removed from the golf course. Please bring water with you when you play.
- Golf carts are being sanitized following each use. Sand containers, coolers, scorecards, pencils, tees and towels are no longer being provided on golf carts during this time.
- All staff handling cash or credit cards at the counter is asked to wear gloves.
- Replace handshakes with elbow bumps or other touchless forms of greetings.
The health and safety of our staff and guests is our highest priority. We will continue to work with health experts and local and state officials to ensure that our staff is informed and prepared to host you at Sequoyah National Golf Club. However, as we have told our staff, if you are feeling sick or exhibiting any signs of illness, please stay home and follow your local health guidelines.
We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions at (828) 497-3000 and continue to check this page for further updates.
The Sequoyah National Golf Board and Sequoyah National Golf Club Management